If you're experiencing extreme pain or other dental emergencies, call your Merit Dental office for an emergency appointment. Many offices will be able to see you the same day. In the event of a life-threatening or medical emergency, please call 911.
For emergencies that occur after regular business hours or on the weekend, office voicemails have instructions on how to contact a dentist.
Knocked out tooth help
- If you have a knocked out tooth, attempt to find the tooth
- Rinse and do not scrub the tooth to remove dirt or debris
- Place the clean tooth in your mouth between your cheek and gum or under your tongue
- Do not attempt to replace the tooth into the socket as this could cause further damage
- Get to the dentist. Successful re-implantation is possible only when treatment is performed promptly
- If it is not possible to store the tooth in the mouth of the injured person, wrap the tooth in a clean cloth or gauze and immerse it in milk